Monday 27 January 2014

My first day in United States International University (USIU)



Every student of high school/college, in his/her life, at certain point dreams about his/her university life. It is the dream of every student to get admission in a University of high esteem. A University with full color of life makes a bigger share in good memories.

Well! it's a day to remember & always will be in my mind. I am a first year International Relation (IR) student at USIU. I have moved to Nairobi, Kenya in 2011 from Sudan where i was born and raised. The school i had attended in udan were all in Arabic, hence I was only properly interoduced to English language when my family sent me to kenya for studies.

Even though I could confidently say my language skills have improved immensely since I first arrived, it is still quiet challenging for me to have to deal with some of the University/course work.

One particular module that I find very difficult is the writing part. My listening & speaking are a bit understandable, I request for a spacial consideration in regard to this matter, even though it's my first time dealing with some such a subjects, because what i have done in my primary and high school back home it most about Islamic culture.

Furthermore, I would like to point out the fact that I have always been and will continue to be aware of the face that this academic journey of mine is not going to be an easy walk, however be that as it may, I believe that I have what it takes to finish this journey I started here at USIU, for I am determined and focused and aware of the fact that hard work always pays off.


I do believe that am in the right place, and I really do love my University and so glad to be a part of USIU family. I have to do my best to make my day happy, and make my family and friends
proud of me. As I conclude with one of the best Bob Marley quote of all time "The greatness of a Man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him"


No comments:

Post a Comment